The first record of a church in Send
appears in William the Conqueror's record "The Domesday Book"
compiled in 1085. The present building results from changes that have taken place over the centuries,
and with changes continuing to take place in the twenty-first century.
St Mary's Church Send has a ring of 6 bells cast in Croydon in 1947 by Gillett & Johnston, and installed in the tower in February 1948. We are pleased to welcome visiting ringers.
All enquiries to Rachel Wilkinson. Member of the Guildford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
The Church Room's Altar
Church Room consists of the lower hall and chancel; and the Upper Room.
The lower hall, is used for occasional services, or can be rented for
functions such as meetings, children's parties, club meetings, etc.
Flower arrangements at St. Mary's Send To enhance the attractiveness of our church a dedicated teams of volunteers ensure that the church looks beautiful and that our churchyard is a peaceful and beautiful place for its visitors.